Welcome to the Healthy Posture Institute!
This division of Princeton Integrative Health Center is devoted to promoting posture as one of the key factors in maintaining your health. Download our brochure Balance Brochure
The Cleveland Clinic states:
” Posture is the position in which you hold your body upright against gravity while standing, sitting or lying down. Good posture involves training your body to stand, walk, sit and lie in positions where the least strain is placed on supporting muscles and ligaments during movement or weight-bearing activities. ”
Proper Posture leads to stable health!
What is Postural Neurology?
- Postural Neurology is defined as the network of neural impulses to support proper functional alignment of the Posture System.
- The neurologic system interprets and initiates responses to all stimuli generated from the world around us.
- The Posture System is affected by every single neurologic impulse that arrives to and leaves from the brain.
- The purpose of the brain-based posture analyses is to determine where the problem is located; if there is lack of stimulation, over stimulation, or lack of inhibition.
- Then utilize that information to evaluate what treatment modalities you can use to stimulate that neurologic pathway or stimulate the inhibition of that pathway.
With the creation of the Healthy Posture Institute at Princeton Integrative Health Center, we will be integrating the best practices of postural neurology with our integrative approach to health. The intertwining of the brain based specialized exercises along with acupuncture, medical massage and/or FSM will accelerate the corrective effort in restoring proper posture and health for our patients.